I’ve posted about this before, but it seems appropriate to post again as I’m pretty much surviving on this for my cleanse. I love, love, love quinoa, topped with a soft poached egg, by itself or throw in some veggies. Below I’ve done one meal with some chopped red bell peppers thrown in while the quinoa cooked and another with some super garlicky yellow crook neck squash. The combo of the quinoa with the egg is super satisfying and cleanse approved! The veggies add some variety and color. While I must say they could all use a little salt, they’re pretty good as is!
WARNING: These are seriously garlicky
Ingredients: serves 1 ish
1 yellow crookneck squash, chopped to your liking
2-3 cloves of garlic
Fresh cracked pepper
1) slice, chop, mince or press your garlic and cook over low heat in olive oil for a minute – DO NOT BURN or you’ll have to start over
2) add the squash and cook until tender. Depending on the squash, I’ll add a smidge of water and cover to let it steam a bit
3) crack some pepper and add paprika to taste. And salt if you’re not cleansing!!!!
4) serve with quinoa and a soft boiled egg. Cleanse-worthy yum
Red Pepper and Almond Quinoa
1 cup quinoa
2 cups veg stock
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
Handful raw almonds, chopped
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tsp coriander
1) bring the veg stock to a boil
2) add the quinoa, simmer covered for 5 minutes
3) toss in the red bell pepper, almonds, coriander, and pepper flakes
4) simmer covered for 10 more minutes
5) I had it with a soft boiled egg (surprised? Me neither), and enjoyed it quite a lot!
6) an apology to London who had to force down a failed version of this one, sorry girl!
Happy cleansing friends!!!!