Yes yes today is Valentine’s Day and it’s about love. I know you might want to insert a snarky remark about commercial holidays and singles awareness day, but stop yourself! Let’s make Valentine’s Day about love. Not just romantic love but all the love you experience in your life: friends, family, pets, co-workers, significant others, not-so-significant others, the person who let you in on the freeway, and most importantly the love YOU have for YOU! Yes! So much love to be had. Give it away and watch what happens. Love is one of those things that the more you send out the more comes back to you in so many ways. It’s like giving the universe a hug. It can’t help but hug you back.
There you have it. Go forth and hug the universe.
Oh, and make these cookies. If you don’t tell, no one will know they’re vegan because they are SO DELICIOUS.
vegan cinnamon chocolate chocolate chip cookies
2 1/2 cups gluten free all purpose flour
1/2 cup cacao superfood powder (unsweetened cocoa will do, but why not add some nutrition depth to your indulgence?)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 cup sugar (vegan if you can find it!) (I know sugar is the devil but just…)
2 tbs flax seed meal
1/2 cup organic cinnamon applesauce
1/4 cup canola oil
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 cup + carob or vegan dark chocolate chips
Preparation: I sort of wung it and didn’t follow directions but it totally worked!
1) mix all dry ingredients in a bowl
2) add all the other ingredients
3) stir and mush with your (clean) hands until combined. The dough will be thick
4) stick in fridge for an hour
5) preheat oven to 350
6) roll dough into balls 1-2 inches in diameter then press them flat on a greased or lined cookie sheet
7) bake for 8 minutes, the should be slightly underdone with a brownie-like texture.
9) don’t let this happen in your kitchen